Tuesday 9 August 2011

Not the worst

Who'd have thought that finding out you have breast cancer might not be the worst thing to happen in a month. Hot on the heels of my bombshell, my Father in Law upped the ante by having a heart attack and stroke. Then in hospital they found out that he had two blocked heart arteries, one nearly totally blocked, various other blood vessel problems, gall stones and to top it all off, lung cancer. Only my FIL could have so much wrong at once!

I guess it just goes to show the importance of perspective. A month ago it felt like my news was all consuming and a huge deal. Now if feels like a glitch - a relatively big one really I guess - but not the end of the world.

Hopefully I still feel the same way next week when I start my radiation treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment