Wednesday 31 August 2011

The scorecard

So, 8 treatments down and here's the drum.
- The massage really did help the swelling. I even noticed the difference overnight, but it took 2 days or so to completely clear.
- The skin is noticeably different in colour. This is a little worrying as they told me this would start to happen in another week or so. It seems my pale skin is a little ahead of schedule. I don't want to think about what that means for later on.
- The nipple has been itchy and sensitive. The bra rubbed yesterday so I'll be back to braless again by the end of this week I think, like when my breast was swollen. I have to wear work clothes today for a big meeting so maybe not today.
- I have increased my walking and activity and that seems to be helping the tiredness. Monday I didn't think I'd get through the day but I walked home from the station instead of catching the bus (15 - 20 mins) and just kept going when I got home - doing things like putting on washing, putting things away, anything except sit down - and I got through the barrier and felt better. Yesterday I walked more during the day and got through more easily.

I've also got some great tips from a Breast Cancer forum that a friend put me on to. Hopefully they will help also.

Time to go and get ready for treatment number 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment