Saturday 13 August 2011

The Blue Bag Brigade

Thursday was initiation day. The "Planning Session" as it is known in radiation therapy circles. The day when you are CT scanned, photographed, written on, traced, measured and tattooed, ready for the start of the radiation treatment. I also found that you get a blue bag and an oversized gown to carry in it. I guess it saves them washing if patients take the gowns with them each time and just swap them over for washing once a week or so. It also means you can spot others going for treatment around the hospital - just look for those carrying the blue bag.

I'm new to the brigade so I don't know much about it yet. I wonder if it will be like the "mums'" club, where mums with babies all smile at each other at shopping centres. All these people carrying blue bags giving each other knowing smiles as they pass by. I'll have to let you know.

1 comment: