Wednesday 13 July 2011

Op Day

I have mostly been awake since 3am. I expected that I would need to wake up early to go to the toilet - knowing that I can't have anything including water from midnight I drank a fair bit of water before bed. Then it was hard going back to sleep - I kind of expected that too. We also had the 6yo in the bed with us all night. It's the second time in 3 days, I think it's his way of dealing with the anxiety he is feeling from my going to hospital. He even shared his green apple with me last night - usually he and DH have 2 quarters each but last night he wanted to share with me.

Still though, I feel strangely calm. Yesterday I was so busy all day at work - 10 hours I was there including an hour Personal Training session at lunchtime - so I didn't have much time to think. I was a bit nervous last night and probably will be again when it's time to leave in half an hour, but right now I am in practical mode - making sure DH has all the lists he needs, a final email to work with one thing I forgot to finish off making kids lunches for school and kindy and making sure I have everything packed. I think practical mode is good, it keeps me calm.

So, wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment